Kombizone            For  Volkswagen  Projects  of  all  makes  and  Models  

Click here to edit subtitle

Forum

Forum Home > Kombi talk > 76 Westfalia Continental

65Devy

My mechanic had told me about this one owner westy he had been servicing for 20 odd years, and that the owner was thinking about selling. Two years later he finally agreed to sell, and going by some of the silly prices Bay's are selling for, i'd say we got a bargin! Still got all orginal handbooks/invoices etc, and two factory awnings! I drove this all over the South Island in the last couple of months and it runs sweet...2 litre engine chews through a bit of gas but it's all worth it!

--

March 6, 2015 at 3:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

tedz

That's a beauty mate, love that 70's original interior. Where's it been? Sold new in NZ or driven all around the world to here.

Will it make it to this years Nats?

cheers Tedz.

March 11, 2015 at 6:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

65Devy

The owner was a doctor who bought it new in London in 76. He drove it round Europe and USA then back in NZ in about 77 or 78 i think, it's been here ever since. Obviously he was pretty attached to it, and really wanted to hand it down to one of his kids, but they all live overseas, and he's getting on in years so decided to let it go. He didn't want to advertise on Trade Me as he couldn't be bothered with tyre kickers, so told Richard (mechanic) to quietly put the word out.

The 90's phones etc have all gone now, but still has alarm, GPS tracker, and DVD player. It's a real practical camper with double's up and down, and kids hammock across the front seats.

No it won't make the Nats this year, it lives in Timaru, as me and my brother went halves in it, he had a 79 Devon in the UK so is loving getting back to  Kombiland again!

--

March 12, 2015 at 4:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.